Mike Rounds, Senior Associate Vice Provost
Responsible for the general oversight of the departments within Campus Operations including financial oversight, capital project audits, and organizational efficiency.
Shawn Harding, Assistant Director of Facilities Services
Work Management is the initial point of contact for repair and communications regarding maintenance and custodial projects.
Work Management Responsibilities include:
- Communicating outages to affected buildings/structures
- Receiving and processing service requests
Facilities Planning & Development
Phil Ellsowrth University Engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Modig, Universtiy Architect, email@example.com
Mark Reiske, Director of Facilities Planning & Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
FPD is comprised of about 30 employees including architects, engineers, landscape architects, technicians, and support staff. FPD provides design and construction services for over 200 University buildings (10 million gross square feet of space) and over 1,000 acres of University property on the Main Campus in Lawrence, the Edwards Campus in Overland Park, the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center near Yoder, and other off-campus locations.
FPD provides several primary services including:
- professional project management services for all facility renovations, alterations, and new construction
- interior remodeling/renovations
- design standards development and management
- fire code reviews and inspections
Vince Avila, Director
Facilities Services' mission is to provide quality customer service by operating and maintaining a safe, reliable, healthy, and aesthetically pleasing environment in which students, faculty, and staff can function and accomplish their academic and research objectives, in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
Facilities Services (FS) has staff dedicated to operating and maintaining 1,058 acres and 125 general use funded buildings with over five million square feet located on the Lawrence campus, Edwards Campus, Law Enforcement Training Center, and many other remote research and support facilities.
Units found within FS include the following:
- Vehicle maintenance
Parking and Transit
Donna Hultine, Director
Parking and Transit is responsible for campus parking policy and enforcement, KU on Wheels, SafeRide, and Safebus.
- KU on Wheels exists to provide safe, convenient, reliable, and responsive public transit services to enhance the social and environmental well-being of the University of Kansas community.
- SafeRide is a demand-response service, giving students a ride home from anywhere within the city limits, from 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- SafeBus service is for KU students and operates from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday throughout both the Fall & Spring Semesters with four fixed routes connecting campus, downtown, and student residential areas.
KU Parking & Transit strives to provide exceptional customer service and accurate information, contributing to a safe campus environment for the University community and its visitors.
Campus Planning & Sustainability
Jeff Severin, Director
The Center for Sustainability promotes a culture of sustainability at the University of Kansas, empowering students, faculty, and staff to make decisions that help protect natural ecosystems, create economic prosperity and treat all people with equality and respect. Through campus and community partnerships, we strive to integrate sustainability into education, research, campus operations and campus life.
Through programs1 and initiatives2, the Center for Sustainability:
- Serves as an avenue for students and student organizations to collaborate on sustainability initiatives on campus
- Engages faculty in new opportunities to incorporate sustainability into the classroom and collaborate on sustainability-related research
- Involves university staff and administration in discussions that lead to new practices for improving environmental, economic, and social responsibility
- Expand the capacity for sustainable initiatives through campus-wide networking and community outreach