Associate Vice Provost
785-864-4677 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for the general oversight of the departments within Campus Operations including financial oversight, capital project audits, and organizational efficiency.
IT Program Manager email@example.com
Work Management is the initial point of contact for repair and communications regarding maintenance and custodial projects.
Work Management Responsibilities include:
- Communicating outages to affected buildings/structures
- Receiving and processing service requests
Design & Construction Management
Design and Construction Management (DCM) provides design and construction services for over 200 University buildings (9.5 million gross square feet of space) and over 1,000 acres of University property on the Main and West Campuses in Lawrence, the Edwards Campus in Overland Park, the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, and other off-campus locations.
DCM provides several primary services including:
- professional project management services for all facility renovations, alterations, and new construction
- interior remodeling/renovations
- design standards development and management
- fire code reviews and inspections
Facilities Services' mission is to provide quality customer service by operating and maintaining a safe, reliable, healthy, and aesthetically pleasing environment in which students, faculty, and staff can function and accomplish their academic and research objectives, in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.
Facilities Services (FS) has staff dedicated to operating and maintaining 1,058 acres and 125 general use funded buildings with over five million square feet located on the Lawrence campus, Edwards Campus, Law Enforcement Training Center, and many other remote research and support facilities.
Units found within FS include the following:
- Vehicle maintenance
The KU Energy Office and the Center for Sustainability strive to realistically and comprehensively reduce energy consumption, and improve energy efficiency on campus consistent with the needs for a safe, secure, inviting campus community. This is to be accomplished by developing an aggressive and progressive approach for efficient energy use.
Parking and Transit
Parking and Transit is responsible for campus parking policy and enforcement, KU on Wheels, SafeRide, and Safebus.
- KU on Wheels exists to provide safe, convenient, reliable, and responsive public transit services to enhance the social and environmental well-being of the University of Kansas community.
- SafeRide is a demand-response service, giving students a ride home from anywhere within the city limits, from 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- SafeBus service is for KU students and operates from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday throughout both the Fall & Spring Semesters with four fixed routes connecting campus, downtown, and student residential areas.
KU Parking & Transit strives to provide exceptional customer service and accurate information, contributing to a safe campus environment for the University community and its visitors.
Capital Planning and Space Management & Center for Sustainability
Director, Capital Plan & Space Management & Center for Sustainability
In addition to their role in space management, the office of Capital Planning and Space Management (CPSM) is the point of first contact for large capital projects ($1,000,000+) and new use of land on the Lawrence and Edwards campuses.
CPSM responsibilities include:
- guiding large projects through the capital planning process
- supporting the Capital Projects Council
- tracking, evaluating, and reporting space assignments and room types
- analyzing utilization of space to ensure optimal use